Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is 'Fitness'?

I don’t know. But rest assured that none of the so-called experts know either. At least for now, it’s a term so generalized in its definition (Webster) that I can hardly apply it to myself, let alone my clients. What is your definition of fitness?

For me from a trainer standpoint, Fitness represents a lifelong chase. A never-ending cycle of studies, unanswered questions, theories and mythologies to explore, documents and tests to observe, and training to be done. It’s become my lifestyle not only in that I make my living from it, but also in that I continue the “chase” every minute of my free time. Since day one of my entry into the glorious fitness industry I have been logging things in a book. Not just a diary or a workout log, but a collection of things that I noted over the years. Things that have sparked my interest, really pissed me off, or just simply things I wanted to learn to become a better trainer. And since publishing a book doesn’t appear on my bucket list for another twenty years, I decided to blog about it. This is a collection of a thing or two that I know about the industry, observations I have made about training methods, some dietary tips and tricks, and even product reviews. This is the documentation of my chase.

Who this blog is for?

My family, the ones whose health is the most important to me who rarely get a chance to learn from me as a trainer. My friends, the ones I block out at a get together when asked on how to get the lady magnet guns, or how to lose the ten pounds of baby/beer weight. My clients, for spreading the word! My facebook friends (big difference), because for now, status updates are about hangovers instead of cholesterol levels. My girlfriend, for she acts as Pinky when I play Brain and talk about how I’m changing at least the fitness the world forever. And anyone else who would like an unbiased opinion on all things 'Fitness'. If at any point you feel like I’m talking about you, it’s because I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment